Friday 17 June 2016

Because Every Picture Tells a Story


Here is another page that I made using Kaisercraft's Story Book collection from A Trip Down Memory Lane.  I created a blue wash using my Marion Smith color lab and had watched this video on using brusho and how you could sprinkle some of the pigment across water to get a different effect, so I tried this with my colour lab pigments too - hence the dots of strong colours. 

I put lots of layers behind my photo, and added some hessian and also an embossed acetate sheet (I used the Darice chicken wire die) just to add a bit more texture.  I distressed the edges of all the papers (Paperback, Novel and Read).  I added some hoppy lobby pearls and a little peg from Crate Paper, then made the title out of the stickers that co-ordinate with this range and the "You make me Smile" is from the Collectables.

Here is my youngest in the sea in Cornwall in April...it was a sunny day but it was not that warm and I would say the sea was quite chilly - hence his funny/slightly cold looking smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails