Thursday 27 November 2014

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas


I've been making some Christmas decorations with some cardboard stars from Baker Ross.  For my first one I covered it in white paint, and then gold down the creases, and blinged it up with some pearls - it was nice because they come in all different sizes, I did have to stick them on with a glue gun as I want them to stay stuck and put up with my kids manhandling them to put them on the tree!


My next star I deco paged with old dictionary paper, and then wrapped it in twine and added a wood veneer snowflake with a gem in the centre.


My next star - just painted white, and then I added stripes of the red really sticky double sided tape and sprinkled on gold glitter.


For my next one I added gold gelatos over the paint and then added some dictionary paper and some punched shapes.


For this star I tried using a mask to add a little more texture and then used mists and gelatos and ink flicks - it has a nice shimmer with all the mica on it!  I then hung a little wooden star (made by prima) from the bottom.


For my final star, again white base, then some gold paint on top, some strings of sequins and gauze and then some Christmas papers for the centre.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree is going to look fabulous with all those lovely stars.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails