Tuesday 17 June 2014

The Tree Walk


I'm a bit late in sharing this post with you, I made for the Yellow and Black theme on the Tando Blog...though it is more brown and yellow with a little bit of black!

I started with 2 sorts of yellow paint and a credit card, and then smeared it in a rough square on my card stock, I also sprinkled some glitter into it.  I then set about making my squares and layered up lots of offcuts of papers from Crate Paper and American crafts, I used punching and distressed the edges and added doilies.  I then used lots of little bits of chipboard to add a focal point to the non-photo squares and again I painted these in the yellows - I used 2 flowers, and then a little butterfly that I added some silver glitter to and a button which I added bark lines to with a gel pen.  I then journalled around the edge of my square.

The photos are from the Tree Walk at Kew Gardens - it's a super walk if you don't mind heights.





3 comments:

  1. What a great LO - not a colour I would normally think to use.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's fabulous love the colours of the layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab! I love the placement and all the bits in each square. I wouldn't have thought that theme could be so interesting but you've made it so! Pinned :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails