Monday 12 May 2014

NHM


This is my last of the MME Cut and Paste post - I love the ombre colour on this sheet of paper, and went with it for the background, the other thing I love is the architecture of the Natural History Museum in London - it is just such a beautiful building, never mind the contents that I also enjoy.  So I indulged myself and the main page is just architectural pictures! - I started with some gesso as a base and then layered up papers, distressing the edges and I also added a punched strip and glassine envelope for more journalling.  I used some hexagonal wood veneers and then cut a heart and the glasses out of the papers as well as adding some chipboard and buttons - a completely eclectic mix of embellishments in the corners!









Then I had to put the actual pictures of what we did, and plenty of journalling - I cut out some of the embellishments like the glasses and speech marks and popped them on foam dots to make it a bit more interesting.





3 comments:

  1. Super pages, Sutty. I particularly like the pocket pages - I'm just getting into it and need all the ideas I can find - thank you.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages :). I Love inside the NHM too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a gorgeous page, I love the gesso background and that paper is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails