Monday 7 January 2013

When the World is Covered in White


The first theme this year (and my first page of the new year, tho I have done a couple since!!) is for the Studio and the theme for the next fortnight is new beginnings.  I am not a massive resolution at new year type person so I didn't go for the new year thing, I thought about baby photos....but then settled on this one!  There is something about the colour white that stands out to me as a new beginning - lots of colour is washed away from the world when you get a snowy blanket yet it still looks so beautiful and clean and there underneath it all new life and colour can't wait to get going.

Apologies for the photo qualities white and not much sun don't really go together.  This is another page using more of the MME All is Bright range - I picked it because of the under current of white that is in them.  I then layered up lace and a doily, some of the stickers and a veneer snowflake from hobbycraft.  The title is a real mix of thickers and prima type then I added a few beads that came from Christmas crackers and some drips of blue paint.  It was actually a really quick and simple page to put together.

For lots more gorgeous pages here is the link to the studio.




21 comments:

  1. I adore that page, with just a few splashes of colour, all the white really makes me feel like I'm in your page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layout, love the spots of blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the white and then the spash of blue!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, and love your title work. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, beautiful... love the lettering and delicious lacy doily layers!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Sutty!!!Thanks for stopping by my blog:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the softness of this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love the white-on-white look here- fabulous!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! Love the white on white look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty page!
    Love the cool crisp feel to your page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is just so beautiful Katherine xx

    Happy New Year, hugs Gez

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the 'whiteness' of your page - very classy.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea or a layout. love the beads in with the splatters. very wintry overall

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so pretty! I love the mixtures of the whites and the touches of blue are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful LO - the subtle colours really highlight the 'whiteness' - lovely.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout, love the beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so beautiful! love the tone on tone with just bits of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! I love the texture here and how it tells the snowy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous page, love it all.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails