Thursday 31 January 2013

All boy


I think this is one of my favourite pages with the Simple Stories Awesome papers from ATDML (gosh that was a sentence!).  I still really like the sunburst effect (to the extent that I have a couple more of this style of page lined up for you too).  I work out the size of my rectangle on a piece of scrap paper and then use it as a template for my patterned papers.  For this one I stitched around the edges and then layered up one of the 4 by 6 papers (says Today down the side), a journal tab and bingo card.  I was also very thrifty as I removed some of the paper that wouldn't be seen behind the photo and then used my ek success punch to make a pulled out book page style thing.

We got given a whole sheet of the stickers from this range, I have really enjoyed using them, and it's definitely something I will look out for in the future.  I added a small sticker banner at the top of the page, some stars, a bit of a sticker strip of stars and cogs and a little 'rock' banner.  I also added some Tando chipboard stars which I left their natural grey and then added some silver stickles to.  I punched out some little stars from sticker sheet too and stuck those on, the alpha is are some chocolate thickets and I added a few splashes of brown cosmic shimmer mist. 

The photo is an old one when we went to Kilve beach and tho it was a windy and wet day I really like the photos and the light, as well as all those pebbles/rocks in the background.  If you want to see more Simple Stories pages then the DT gallery is here.




11 comments:

  1. Oh Kat beautiful layout, I've seen a couple of the sunburst designs recently and really like them but haven't given them a go myself !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love this and the photo is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome boy page! Love your sunburst design with those colorful patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sunburst idea and the contrast between the papers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous xx All those different patterns work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rays and the stars you added. Great layout

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great layout you've come up with! I'm always totally clueless when it comes to making guy-themed crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page - love that papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I saw some of your work in the OA Flickr gallery, and decided to click over to your blog. I really like your style, so I'm following your blog now. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always click into your layouts .... I just love seeing all the detail on them. This one is amazing. Love all the stitching

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails