Monday 17 December 2012

On the Slopes





It's the sketch challenge over at the Studio Blog for the next fortnight, with another great sketch from Val (they do make my scrapping quicker!).  I stuck quite closely to the sketch and decided to make a wintry page with some photos from last year and more of the MME All is Bright papers.

I started with the kraft cardstock and have finally found a white ink that gives me a nice white image :)  It is just one of the little memento white ones and I used my October Afternoon Farmhouse doily stamps to make the pattern.  I then layered up a doily and some of the MME paper, cutting a left over portion of the banner from one of the sheets too - I am quite determined to use the whole pack of papers....so I will post all the pages in one go once I have used them all up!  I inked and distressed, made my own tag with some washi and stamping and added some wooden snowflakes that I found in Hobby craft and a a swirl of pearls that I picked up at a haberdashery stall.  I added a subtle blue frame around the central paper mounts by watering down a little glimmer mist and just brushing it on, I did add some white paint flicks and stitched my title (which is from one of the sn@p sticker sheets).

Here is a link to the Studio Blog where there is loads of inspiration and beautiful pages.







12 comments:

  1. What a super LO - I am so loving this colour combination of Kraft/Red/White.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab LO and I LOVE those stamped doilies.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, caught my eye !!! Love the cluster under the picrures~fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great to see it finished Question is how much longer did it take and were you on time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout. love all the little details

    ReplyDelete
  6. the string of pearls and doilies really give a festive feel to your layout x gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful page!! Love all the embellished details you included = WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you incorporated the doilies and pearls on a family sledding layout. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, love the white n the Kraft

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! That's one gorgeous page!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous ♥ love the layering and all the pretty details ♥ the custom made backround is just perfect

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails