Monday 5 November 2012

Family



This weekend I was invited to teach my 1st retreat class at the A Trip Down Memory Lane Retreat...I had a great time and met lots of lovely ladies and created loads of projects which I will be back to share with you and I am sure there will be pictures on the blog to show you what we got up to...but in the mean time one of my projects was posted on the Tando blog yesterday so here it is.

The focus for last week was on letters, so I used their large Family Chipboard as the title for my photo.  The photo is an Easter shot of my side of the family - my Mum loves these photos and fortunately all the kids are still very obliging.  The page started with the background which is some black glimmer mist painted across the paper and then stamped with a MME text stamp. The papers are by Glitz from their Beautiful Dreamer collection - I love that the other side of the blue has yellow so it really stands out when you tear it or crumple it.  Also in there are some of my poundland sequins, a prima canvas shape that I inked, a vintage bingo card and journal spot as well as a doily so prima flowers and a pin and pearls from a haberdashery shop.   For the chipboard word I covered it in several layers of embossing powder and UTEE - starting with silver and then adding a bit of green and blue.  Once it was all molten I then stamped into it with a wooden rubber stamp (don't use you acrylic ones) - I stamped it in 2 sections as it is quite large and I was worried about the melted UTEE solidifying quite quickly.  The beauty of this is that you can keep remelting until you are happy with the effect.  The last touch was to gently go around the letters with some clear embossing powder and then add some white perfect pearls for that extra shimmer.








10 comments:

  1. Super family layout, lots of cool bits to look at....Laura www.whosthischick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lettering is so cool! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love UTEE and need to use it again some time! Very texture-y - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Page- love the funky letters:)
    It was great to meet you at the weekend- hopefully you will do some more next time- loved your class and will use it again .xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful psgre...full of so many gorgeous detail. That word FAMILY is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page love the letters and the sequins

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous LO! Thanks for the visit today. Glad you liked the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails