Thursday 29 November 2012

ATDML Retreat - part 1


A little while ago, over half term I went on my 1st ever retreat with A Trip Down Memory Lane at the lovely Stoke Nyland golf club.  It was lovely, when I arrived there was a desk set up for me and a pile of goodies to get me going as well as a list of challenges I could enter.  Then there was the shop - piled high with paper and embellishments, lovely food, a great list of classes and fantastic ladies to craft with and be inspired by - I loved it!  I still haven't finished all my classes as some were mini books and  I need to fill them up with photos and finish them off before I show you, but here are a couple of pages.  

My 1st page was a little kit that we were challenged to make something from, I am not sure of the paper manufacturer but the colours went really well with this rather damp beach scene - my kids love the beach as you can probably tell and even when it has been wet they are still up for spending a couple of hours digging and seeing what they can find.  The flowers are prima and some lovely maya road natural buttons, I added a few ink splatters using my distress stain, and stamped the title with the Kaisercraft typewriter stamps and the other words are from the Teresa Collins Vintage Findings stamp set.


 Next for my class.....


This is the class that I taught using the lovely Cashmere Dame papers by glitz - packed full with colour and distressing and hexagons.  The photo is from our holiday state side and is of Naples Pier and all the pelicans that fish around there, there are 2 photo tabs which have some pictures of my Dad and my son watching the pelicans from the sea as they flew around.  So alongside the papers and paint there are some prima flowers and alphabet and Websters lace - we used some cosmic shimmer mists to change the colour of the flowers, and milk bottle tops to do some printing too - so generally fairly messy!









19 comments:

  1. I've never been on a retreat but it sounds like a lot of fun and very inspirational. Maybe it should go on my 'must do' list.

    Love the layering you have used in both these pages and gosh you just have to love the Cashmere Dame collection. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the paper distressing! Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages :) I really love how you distressed your edges...need to try that! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely page very distressed. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the distressing on your pages!
    Really beautiful.
    Would love if you did a little tutorial on how you distressed the edges so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this class thank you Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the distressing on both of these! Beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pages love the heaxagons on the second one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! The distressing with the bright colored hexagons looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layouts. I love how you tore and distressed the edges. They go so well with the pictures. I also love the hex cutouts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pages are awesome.
    Love all the layering :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pages. I love the hexagons on the second page and the details around the torn edges on the first xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow love what you did with the mystery kit :) Both are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both layouts with their little pockets of extra details. Love the ink splats and the file tabs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both your pages but especially all those hexagons on the second LO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pages are stunning, love all the layers & torn edges.
    The retreat sounds wonderful, will be back to see more soon.
    BTW I'm your newest follower.
    Maggie @ just scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really stunning layouts, love the colours on the first one.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails