Thursday 23 August 2012

Wrapped Up


I got sent some beautiful Graphic 45 papers from Mel and Jill at A Trip Down Memory Lane for my kit this month.  I have often been a little intimidated by them, as everyone does such beautiful projects with them (just check out the gallery) and they are pieces of art in themselves.  Anyway I did manage to cut them, and it was great inspiration to dig out lots of older photos for my family album....you will notice a theme to my pages!

So this is a shot of my Mum we reckon she is about one and all wrapped up.  The inspiration for the shaped piece came from some Jenni Bowlin packaging - I used this as a template for the green cut piece behind the doily and then made my own bigger version.  I did this by cutting myself a strip of 12" by 2" and then folded it in half.  I cut a 45 degree angle at the not folded end, and then the wave shape at the top of my page from one corner to the point in the middle.  I then cut out the shape and when you open it up you have a template for the edges of the die cut style shape.  The reason for cutting the corners at 45 degrees is that you can now draw diagonal lines, from corner to corner, on the piece of paper you want to cut out and then line up the template with those diagonal lines....and just draw around the template.  Mine aren't always perfect but a little edge ruffling covers that.  I did a fair amount of fussy cutting too for the page as the papers lend themselves to it, and I layered up some of the pieces and used silicon glue too.  I also used a doily and some tea dye distress ink around the edge of the cream paper, as it looked a little too stark without any ink on.




3 comments:

  1. Lovely! I buy G45 and then never use it - you make it seem possible :p Love your template - clever, clever girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yet another great page very peachy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not sure about graphic 45 papers....you though have created a marvelous layout with there papers x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails