Saturday 11 August 2012

Skimming Stones


I had a look at the airmail trend that I have seen about at the moment over on the A Trip Down Memory Lane blog - here is a link to the post).  I used some lovely vintage 7 gypsies pages from a range called postale for this page.

I started using a number stencil and piling white gesso across it, whilst that was all drying I cut out my papers, and inked and stitched them.  I also chose a black and white and a smaller colour photo for this page too.  I used some of the offcuts of papers to make tabs at either side, and made a little layered punched patch under the colour photo using my Martha Stewart doily edge lace punch, and folding and layering the paper up.  I cut a strip of the airmail paper for the banner, and then wrapped the top part of the paper around the garden twine and then stapled it on.  I then used glue and a stapler to attach it to the page.  The alphabet is a mix of some cosmo cricket tiny type and also a cartabella alphabet sheet.

The photo is another one from our wet holiday on the Isle of Wight - in between the showers we went to alum bay and as on all stoney beaches we have a go at skimming pebbles which they are getting lots better at.



4 comments:

  1. mine have hours of fun skimming stones! Lovely choice of papers for your layout x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love Love Love this! Going to have to get some of that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the folded border strips especially. The colour combo here is so somber and rich..a real foil for those pics Katharine. Love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stencilled numbers...it's been a long time since I skimmed stones!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails