Thursday 9 August 2012

Inky Birthday Card



The theme for the month over at Tando is travel....so I dug out my unused yet beautiful Tim Holtz map stamp (I am intending to stamp more often :) and stamped that to the corner, then I ripped a piece of Graphic 45 paper (it was an off cut) and some dictionary, inked and then stuck and stapled them on.  I covered the compass in brown ink and glossy accents - I am loving the look it gives chipboard at the moment.  I also inked a some tea dye distress ink through the sequin waste mask and added some tissue tape too.  I printed out the Happy Birthday on the computer, and again inked and stapled them, then added a few flicks of mist and some small dots of the ranger pearls in white and green.  It is another card very much inspired by the beautiful cards of Emilie Chamel....she has fantastic tutorials on a Friday.

If you would like to join us in the challenge and see all the lovely work from the team then click here




5 comments:

  1. I love Emilie too! She is so awesome - just like you! FAB card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katharine, this is a great card! I love the offside stamping and the inky goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the splatters of color. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow i love the card. The tim holtz map stamp....i want one lol and the compass is just perfect x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails