Monday 30 July 2012

It's better Together





This is the page I've done for my 1st post over at Tando, I used the lovely diamond mask (and some blue distress ink on a sponge rubbed across it) and also the birds and bird cage.  For the effect on this I painted it roughly with gesso and then sprinkled silver embossing powder over the top, next I heated it all up to melt the embossing powder and it makes the gesso bubble a bit too.  I covered the birds in the Lily Bee papers and went around the edge of them with white paint too.  The page is a mix of Authentique Journey and Lily Bee Buttercup papers....and it is base on a fabulous sketch over at Once Upon a Sketch with the theme of friendship.

I cut lots of strips of papers (and as the Authentique papers were from a 6 by 6 pad they don't go all the way behind the photo).  I stitched and inked them as usual, and added some sequin waste - I am loving the texture that it adds to my pages at the moment...bit like my rediscovery of twine.  I lightly drew on my page the shape of the circle.....in a very precarious way as I couldn't find a plate the right size so I stuck the point of my compass in some chipboard and held it really still as I drew the circle.  I then went over the line with some clear PVA type glue and wrapped the twine around. I added a couple of Lily Bee flag stickers to one side of the circle too. The alphas are a mix of October Afternoon and then I cut the word together out on my silhouette, my journalling is hidden away behind the photo.

The photo is from our rather wet holiday on the Isle of Wight and a rather lovely tyre swing on Bembridge beach, my kids spent ages being spun around by any adult that would :)




22 comments:

  1. This is Fab!! Love all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty- love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page...love the color combo you used...the blue & yellow go great together. Also nice job embossing that bird cage! Love the added texture. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous great page and lovely design. I love the photograph and the colours.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous page, all the layers and bit and pieces give it that real seasidey feel to it, loving that wooden background and a smashhing photo too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just LOVE that photo and can still remember me and my friend doing the same when we were kids! pretty colours and such sweet details. Thanks for sharing your darling page with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous layout, fabulous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This page has a sort of beach hut feel about it. Love all the different elements and love that circle of twine!! Great L/O!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. its so lovely. A gorgeous combination of blues and yellows. Probably my most favourite combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful.I love the blue and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katharine! I love your circle of twine. The roughed up edges are divine and your birds a perfect complement. You are an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a stunning page! I love the distressing and the twine circle around the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The yellow and blue look awesome together~it really work. Gorgeous LO Sutty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning page Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally gorgeous layout, I adore the colours and the shabby chic birds & cage ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovin that twine circle ... Thanks for playing at at ouas !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color combo - all the monochromatic blues with that pop of yellow! Fantastic! Love how you wound the twine around the photo -- very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really stunning page, love the muted blues.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it so much! great color combo! thank you for playing with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, lovely layers and textures you have used here. Absolutely fab.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous layout. I love the way you have used the twine and the colours you have used - and everything about it really!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful selection!! I have really enjoyed these Sutty.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails