Thursday 28 June 2012

Jet Ski


Here is the page that I made for the sketch challenge over at ATDML's cybercrop - there is still time to enter and the sketch is fantastic.  I used Websters Pages Sunday Picnic line, which I was sent to have a play with for June's gallery over at ATDML...and figured since I was in the photos I could use pink on the page :)  I love the bright swathes of colour in these papers.

I started by stitching a circle (lightly drew around a plate with pencil and then stitched, then rubbed the marks out.  I then added a square of striped paper behind the photos and 2 strips of punched paper (the punch is one of my favourites - Martha Stewarts Doily edge lace) and unusually I dug out my paper ribbler (crimper).....yes you didn't think you would see one again, but I love the subtle texture it adds.  I had a go at some triangular arrows as triangles seem to be everywhere at the moment, made a few banners, and then hand stitched some hanging buttons.  To keep with the theme I journalled following the edge of the circle, and of course added some splatters of cosmic shimmer and glimmer mist in orange and blue.

The photos are from one of our numerous trips to legoland, and I'm not sure what the ride is called but it is like a jet ski on an arm and you steer your ski in to the centre and then just let go and it pulls you to the outside as you go around and around.  As you can see from the photos my eldest is loving it, whereas my youngest has he hands firmly clamped over his ears...tho apparently he did enjoy it.

I also used this page over on It's A Creative World with some tips to help you scrap quicker as this was one of my fastest pages yet (though do bear in mind I am normally a slow scrapper).  Here is a link so you can find out more





23 comments:

  1. WOW this is a fabulous layout! Loving the stitching and the papers.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout..love the way it flows across the page x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright on white. is that the real name for a paper rubblier....I always call mine a crimpler lol!!

    I know what ride you mean too...haven't got a clue what it's called either xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning layout, love it all x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous layout. So much to look at

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout! I love the bright colors on the white background and I love that punch. I have to admit that I love the crimped texture too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great layout!
    And love those dynamic triangle arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kat that's fabulous - I love how clean your pages look but with so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the bright colors against the white background and all that stitching looks fabulous! Great Page! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous LO!!!! Love the details like the stitching in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous LO!!!! Love the details like the stitching in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful vibrant colours and the ride sounds great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout- - like the stitching and the papers are super.
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely layout.I really like the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layout of your page and great colours

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very clever layout, can tell you had fun doing it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pop of pink on white with this layout! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab layout and brilliant photo's
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails