Sunday 18 March 2012

Mothers Day Card

Another pink card that I put together last night....but I think I am actually happy with it :)  This is part of the Pretty Party pack I won from Crate Paper and I got a 6" by 6" pad with it.  I know these pads have been around for a while but I haven't really used one and I have only just realised how fantastic they are for cards :D (I know a bit late) as in this one I get 2 of each design and as they are mainly aimed at cards (tho I have used them on pages) I don't feel bad about cutting into 12" papers for a card!! :) (am I the only one that feels that way?)
So this is my card for my Mum, I did lots of stitching and inking and distressing as usual, and had a little play with the zig zag settings on my machine.  I use the spellbinders label die and also the ironworks die to cut the scrolled rectangles and the small doily shape.  There is some Martha Stewart paper tape (very similar to washi tape) behind them and behind the stamped tags.  I used different colour box inks to stamp the phrase, some twine to wind around the doily and then a maya road chipboard heart that I coloured with the ink pads and a wooden peg.  I even played around taking the photo of the card using some of the larger 12" papers for my background :)
I hope you all have a lovely mothers day and I will be back tomorrow with a page that I did for the new studio blog challenge.




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card love the stitching. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thats great i bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love all the stitching details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card, the gentle colour scheme works a treat. I particularly love the floral paper you've used for one of the panels, quietly vintage and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Sweetie - loving all the stitching as always!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails