Tuesday 17 January 2012

Scrapping in 2011


The inspiration for this page came from seeing lots of reviews of craftiness in 2011...and as I didn't manage to get my done for New Years Day I tried to think of another way of showing some of my creative work (never scrapped it before!).  I made this using the gorgeous Amy Tangerine kit that I received from American crafts (check out their Facebook Friday Pick competition). I printed my photos out (it did take me a while to resize my pages on 6" by "4 paper so that they were 2" by 2" and didn't loose their resolution! I decided to show the pages on a washing line, and as I like the polaroid shaped photos at the moment I decided to mount them on white cardstock with a small area underneath where I could  do a brief journal about the page and what motivated me to create it or why it is a favourite.

So to start this age I lightly drew out where I wanted my washing line to go, and then used a PVA type glue (acid free) along the lines and stuck the string down, I then added a button at each end too.  I made some little pegs on my Silhouette and cut them out in a couple of different sizes, then made a whole host of banners to hang on the washing line too.  Before I stuck any of it down I added some flicks of orange, green and red glimmer mist, and used the Amy Tangerine doily stamp in a teal blue.  I then just started layering my pieces along the line adding butterflies and buttons as I went.  The title stickers were rectangular, and I cut around them, it isn't the neatest job as it was very tricky but it went with the home made creations theme of the page.  So here are my favourite pages, quite a few were made as part of the Scrap Factor competition on Ukscrappers, one for a crate paper challenge, others for challenge sites like pencil line sketches and the color room, and some of my DT work for ScrapRat and Handmade Hannah.






25 comments:

  1. oh my.. this is all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome layout! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. A fab layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond awesome! I love how you showcased your pages on one layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely, lovely LO :0) and such a fun idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea for a LO!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who thought you could amaze me even more than before?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea for a layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...you are a very talented lady! That is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look cool. And I have passed the Liebster Award on to you! http://afternoonscrapper.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab page, love your faux Polaroids, it's one of my favourite techniques too.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your LO is amazing ! Love it ! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what an amazing layout! I LOVE everything about it. So fun to put the photos in the banner. Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this looks fantastic. What a fab idea. New year reviews are a great idea but in reality family life sort of gets in the way doesn't it? I'm still thinking about doing a layout about my resolutions...

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH this is adorable.
    Love your laundry line, to cute. Also those clothes pins are so neat.
    How do you just pick 12 of your favourite projects though?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a fab idea - love your page x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks fantastic - great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That is fantastic. I love your page!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us and playing along at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These little pegs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails