Saturday 21 January 2012

Couple of clean and simple cards


There were a couple of birthdays in our wider family....and one being a big one!  I wouldn't say card making was my strength, but on these I went for the less is more approach and quite liked the way that they turned out - quite clean and simple (I also had a go at some arty shots of the cards below...which I just like so I thought I would show them to you :D).  The first card has a square of dictionary paper, and one of my Martha Stewart butterflies which I pulled the wings up on, some burlap, an early learning centre butterfly and my Happy Birthday stamp from Handmade Hannah.  The 40 year old one I played with my new Amy Tangerine stamps for the frame, and stamped 40 in the middle (I quite like that the 4 has some of the inky mess from the edge - but unfortunately I didn't manage to repeat it for the 0!), I stamped on a scrap of October Afternoon paper, and then mounted again on some old dictionary paper.  




11 comments:

  1. You say cards aren't your strong point, I'd disagree, these are lovely, and will be appreciated, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lovely cards - it doesn't look like their not your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! Love your color choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean and simple designs Sutty and using dictionary paper is an inspired idea :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so sweet. Can't have to many Birthday cards :)
    You cards are far from plain, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely cards!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards - have just started following your blog and will be looking at your tuts!!! Lea (tonyswife on DC) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both gorgeous-so simple but so effective!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails