Wednesday 25 January 2012

Birthday number 9


This is a page I did to mark my eldest's birthday, I put some hidden journalling behind the photo on a Tim Holtz tag with information about his character and what he is like.  The photo was an attempt at being arty but I really like it, it is slightly out of focus too but I still love it.  The inspiration for the page was the Scrap365 monthly sketch, there is a new one up now and you can win a prize.  I know I should bookmark things more but I saw a quilt with this kind of rainbow pattern on it and thought it would look good on a page too.

The papers are all Crate Papers Farmhouse, and I used some of their chipboard and paper embellishments too, an American crafts cake and some maya road green rose ribbons, twine and random buttons from my collection.  I added some flicks of my new white glimmer mist rather than paint - I love how well it stands out on the paper - I was worried they might be a little watery but they aren't and they give a really good colour.  The idea for the title and the number are all Ali Edwards ish - having started a bit of project life I like the way she puts things on her photos - hence the number 9 and love the handwriting font and you can download her font for free from creating keepsakes....so I loaded it into my silhouette and had lots of fun welding the letters together.

Other news This weekend over on WeScrap there is an online crop going on with lots of prizes and there are lots of challenges to join in on. 

I am also proud to have become an Auntie again to a little boy who I am sure will feature in my pictures - he is absolutely gorgeous and I have already had cuddles with him and so did my kids.






15 comments:

  1. Absolutely FABULOUS layout! I love the torn paper and the colors just POP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really LOVE this layout--just outstanding all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rainbow of colors on here and the sewing and distressing too. Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this!! Love the colors and the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and a great way to display the new papers! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo I love this layout. Fantastic photo and the colourful papers and buttons are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I adore this ... You've reminded me hoe lovely these papers are again. Congrats on the new family member :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rainbow strips with matching embellies Sutty! That's a cool photo too.... look forward to some baby LO's then, congrats to the proud Mum and Dad :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a Fabulous layout! I just LOVE the rainbow of patterned paper that is all stitched together! Super Cool Job! Thanks for sharing (and congrats on becoming an auntie again!) -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love the block of colour in the centre, really eye catching.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful layout! Gray is the perfect backdrop for vibrant colors. You have keen eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous layout! I love the column down the middle of the page and the blocks of color. This is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colours in your tag. So bright and happy.
    Happy Birthday to your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, this Colorado combo and cropped photo really appeals to me. I always like your stitching, I must try it sometime up the sewing machine is in the freezing cold conservatory.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so striking on the grey! Well done on being chosen for the December Scrap365 challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails