Monday 19 December 2011

Christmas Tags


I keep looking over at Tim Holtz 12 tags....and they are beautiful and I want to have a go, so that is on my list to look out for next year.  However it did inspire me to created some of my own tags, and I have quite a few kraft tags left from my November Handmade Hannah kit...so here are 3 I managed to put together quite quickly.  The papers and embellishments are from Hannahs October kit and are MME, with some Crate Paper Chipboard, and echo park journalling page for the sentiments  - not sure where the snowflakes and snowman are from.  Here are the tags in a little more details.


I choose the gingerbread chipboard piece to be the centre of this tag, and then started on the background.  I used my Martha Stewart doily lace punch (still one of my favourites) and cut out and punched several strips of paper in the candy cane red and white.  I inked the edges, then stuck them down and zig zag stitched along each side.  I cut inked, stitched and ruffled a green mount for my gingerbread man and then stappled the saying underneath.

The snowman tag started with some watered down white acrylic paint, which I flicked over the tag.  I then cut a small hill for the snowman and inked the edges, I added the stickers and stappled the sentiment - didn't even need to put any glitter on as the pieces are all glittered.

I've seen this Christmas tree over on WeScrap so thought I would put it on a tag.  It is great for using up  off cuts of paper, I literally just cut strips of paper and then rolled them around a skewer and stuck them together with double sided tape.  They now resemble straws, so I then cut each straw down to make the  triangular shape just taking a small amount of the end and building it up.  I glued this down with a wet glue, and add a chipboard and stickled star to the top (think this is maya road).  I used a scrap of my doily edge punched paper and put it under the tree and then two strips (again the remnants of the doily edge punching) on the bottom which I added some stickles dots to.  Once the tree was fry I added some red gems and my sentiment.

It was a lovely change to have a go at making these and I was surprised how quickly they came together....and I already have plans for them.

17 comments:

  1. Great tags, I think kraft and Christmas work really well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm loving the rolled paper christmas trees too and yours looks so cute on that tag! i might have to make one myself today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kat they are lovely! I too admire the Tim Holtz ones but have never yet joined in although I know many who do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tags! I love the rolled paper tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these tags..I THINK the tree is my favourite-it's very hard to choose though!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE tags! The little snowman and the rolled paper tree are my favorites. Love the misting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are lovely. I like to decorate tags and then to attach to a card or larger project, as you say they are quick to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tags are gorgeous - love the tree too but keep going back to your ginger bread man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful tags :) especially the little christmas tree...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty tags. I particularly love the gingerbread one

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the idea with the tree tag! Wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tree tag especially, I was so inspired I made one for a layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the christmas tree you created!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the rolled paper tree - great for scraps.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails