Monday 21 November 2011

Traditions


We Scrap have a November challenge and one of them was for a photo-less page, so I decided to have a go using some more of the papers from my Handmade Hannah Christmas Box.  I used the Teresa Collins number piece for the background and then added some brush strokes of gesso...and then sprinkled some glitter over the top, which you can't really see in the photos.  I made some smaller tags out of kraft paper, and stitched around the edge and added some ribbon to the middle.  Each tag represents a tradition at Christmas in our house from decorating the tree (another Michelle tree), advent candles from my Mum - which I made out of the pearls, and then cut a flame. Nativity productions represented with a star covered in glossy accents and then some more glitter, wrapping presents decorated with a paper bow.  Going to Church on the day itself - not having a stamp I had to draw this and then added some liquid pearls for the snow, then spending Christmas Day with the family - I stamped and cut out the word then added some little hearts decorated with glossy accents.  I made a little rolled banner to journal the tradition.  When it came to the title...I had run out of t's so I used the inverse of the sticker and then filled it with stickles glitter glue.  Here is a close up of a few of the tags and details.




10 comments:

  1. I love this,it's so inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely and a great idea for a non photo page :) I love how you did the title brilliant idea thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just love this page sums up Christmas without the pics, what a great idea, thanks for sharing, love May x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO...especially love how you've made the candle!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. Where can i get this Gesso from as i obvioulsy need some?! -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, just beautiful Kat. I love all of the red - really Christmassy. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty meaningful LO. I love all that stitching. There is so much to look at

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab layout & great story to tell.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! I haven't done a photo-less page in a long time. I need to do one again soon. I love your idea - traditions. I can't believe the holidays are already here again. This year is just flying by!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails