Friday 11 November 2011

I need a Carry


This is a photo of my DH having to carry my DS as we were on a stoney beach and they kept getting in his crocs LOL. 

 For this page I used quite a few bits from my beautiful Handmade Hannah grab boxes, the doily is from the embellishments box, the date stamp is from her shop (I love it as you circle the date and add the year).  The Papers again are mostly from grab boxes, crate paper Portrait (designed for weddings but it is so versatile I love it) and there is a small scrap of glitz and American Crafts too.  The Rose embellishments are from the Portrait collection, and the chipboard is maya road and I managed to fit in a glassine pocket for my journalling.  The alphas are Echo Park for the record and the glitter one is American Crafts, the other stamps are MME.  So those are all the little bits.  

I started this page by using a Crate Paper die cut to fit my photo in and then I backed it with some of the green Portrait paper and edged it with scalloped scissors.  I cut up my papers and started layering them how I wanted them to look, once happy I inked the edge with black memento ink and then ruffled the edges.  I layered them all up and then sorted out the glassine pocket by folding the top over and stapling some string that could hook around the teal brad.  Then I started layering the embellishments,  I made some flags to go down the edge of the page and added bits of book paper to these, then I slotted in the doily and added a 3 embellishment combo which includes a snowflake :)   I ruffled and added a rose to the other side of the picture and a seagull pin I got in a quirky kit.  I then stamped my chipboard banner, 2 are stamped with a newspaper print in broken china distress ink, and then the centre one has the Boy stamp. I covered them in PVA to add a different texture to them and then added some book pages to the 2 print ones, and finally smeared some liquid pearls over the top to give a bit of shimmer.  I threaded through some twine and added the title and some more little blobs of liquid pearl.  

So this is my attempt at the layered page prompt for Shimelles pretty paper party, I concentrated on lots of layering as well as keeping it fairly simple in colour (not something I often do).  Hope you like it.




14 comments:

  1. i love the feel of this page...all that layering and stuff going on...but the photo is still the key element! wtg :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is utterly stunning! Gorgeous layers and little details you have placed around the layout and effective distressing. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this-so much attention to detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is gorgeous. Love all the detail.
    YOur clustered layer looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page looks amazing! I think you did a great job at layering! I never manage to create something similar! So many great details :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I remember needing a carry for this reason when I was a youngster too!!
    Fabulous LO sutty, the colours are so cool and calming...love all the details :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful LO...love the colours!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab page love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful. Love all the blue and so much details absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning LO. The colours work so well and I love the layering

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the bunting and colours work very well

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours of this layout Kat - simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning LO - just love Hannah's grab boxes! I've just bought that fab stamp from her, looking forward to using it!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful, stunning layout... love the layering, and the intensity of the colour palette. It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails