Monday 21 November 2011

Christmas 2010



Another page from Hannahs beautiful grab box Christmas kit.  I decided to make a page with a mix of shots from the Christmas period mainly as I didn't have enough really good ones to make a page, so I have my DS as a sheep in his nativity, one of my eldest in the snow and another one of the presents we unwrapped on our first family Christmas celebration (we normally end up with 2 celebrations as we live far apart).

For this I made a frame using a snowflake stamp that was in my previous grab box and some black memento ink.  I lightly drew the outline of the square and then stamped along the inside and outside edge using a piece of scrap paper to protect the kraft card to make my frame.  I used my gesso tub to draw the circles and then cut out the paper and photos.  I used pinking shears to cut the mounts for several of the circles too.  I had a go at making Michelles lovely and beautifully easy Christmas trees for my 1st circle and I used a mixture of embellishments and photos in the rectangle shape. I hand wrote some labels for the pictures. Then had a go at making a poinsettia style flower to keep in with the Christmas theme, though I think it needs some perfecting - it the same method as my rose tutorial, but just with a more poinsettia shaped flower. I used the lovely flock alpha and added some stickles and one of the snowflake stickers too. I've still got another page to show you, and lots of bits left over so I think I will make some cards and Christmas decorations too.








13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love all the little details...the trees, flags, flowers etc...brill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute lo. Very Christmasy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Katherine I am dying to get back into the dining room and using the rest of the grab box :) Love the nativity photo so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great LO..love the mini trees!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this!!! Fabulous work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. a great layout, very festive and i like how its all contained within a frame :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super LO - I love those little trees.

    Such a fab effect using the circles in that way.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and christmassy. Love all the embellishments and the cute sheep photo of your son....awwww!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun layout with the handmade embellishing....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is fantastic and love that stamped frame and all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails