Saturday 3 September 2011

Camping in the Gower Mini book


Here is my mini album made from the beautiful kit at Handmade Hannah.  For the album I decided to use some photos from our May holiday to the Gower Peninsular in Wales.  For the basis of the album I used the A4 kraft paper and cut it in half..which made for a bit more fiddling to get the 6 by 6 paper to to cover, as I had to trim it down to 14cm :)  For the front cover I watered down some white acrylic paint and gave a wash, and then flicked some.  I used one of the tags for the title, and then mounted it on some of the paper, which i inked and stitched around, then I added a pleated border using my doily edge punch (I cut some strips of white paper/card and inked with tea dye distress ink and then pleated it around the card).  I added a button and pin...and that was my 1st page.

So I'll let you flick through the album now without too many more words - I love all the envelopes in the kit, as it has encouraged me to journal lots of bits that would have been forgotten otherwise.


I like the window in the kraft envelope as it makes it become a mini-page.  I made a patchwork of paper for the 2nd page (note I am fairly thrifty with my paper, and where it isn't seen have been known to cut it out... so the patchwork isn't across the whole of that page, there are 4 full sized rectangles, then 2 small oddments down the side of the 1st picture)


I stuck the flower on one of the acetate tags...you could colour in the other side or ink it too.  These photos are off some of the geo-caching we did on holiday.  On the first page I also had a go at a resist technique....I stamped my woodgrain image  across the background in some white stazon, and then coloured over the top with the tea dye distress ink which gives a subtle bark effect to the page.

 I got some shimmer mists, and for my treasure shot I misted the background using a prima mask and some brown mist.


I doodled a border around the plate spinning photo to match the tag - this was our circus skills day at the heritage centre.


I used up quite a few odds and ends of paper on the glassine envelope and folded the top over and stapled a loop of string to catch the button.


Another day....another cache ....and a little bit of paint.

For the last page I used one of the acetate photo frames over my picture - I just secured it in the corners with some clear drying glue.


Just a small decoration on the back - I used my big bite to punch the holes through (did draw them on in pencil before :)) and then threaded them with string....and that was my half term holiday :)  Hope you enjoyed having a look.


12 comments:

  1. A beautiful mini book Katherine. I love the details and how you have composed the photos and embellishments. Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed having a look, you made a beautiful job of using what looks like a beautiful kit - love those die-cut shapes, and all the techniques you used. Plus you were in one of the most beautiful places - love the Gower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mini books - yours is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mini book, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome mini! I do love those envelopes and the look of the whole album is so crafty and inspiring. TSF, and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely book - beautiful embellies and decorated pages.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful album!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog...YOU WON the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous mini book, absolutely LOVE it :D shall go over and have a look at that kit on handmade hannahs shop :) love the resist technique idea, shall be giving that a try :) great details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous mini album, I love what u have done with the kit..its fab.

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's gorgeous, you've put it together really well and I must have a look at that kit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's gorgeous. Beautiful little album.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice mini .. i love mini albums... thanks for sharing.. great idea...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails