Saturday 20 August 2011

Butterfly Birthday Card


Here is a quick birthday card that I made using Hannahs grab box - there are still a few boxes left and they are packed with lots of different patterned papers from echo park, prima and glitz and embellishments - doilies, twine,pockets..lots of goodies.  I love butterflies - so I stamped up my crafty individuals butterfly in brown stazon on some of the glitz paper then cut around it.  I used the back of an echo park journalling card for the mount, and stuck my butterfly on.  I had some old wire from a wedding favour (if you use wire clippers on a paper clip it could work too - must try that) and I curled some antenna using a cocktail stick, stuck those behind my butterfly and then added a few gems for the body.  Once that was all done I put some stickles in a blob on the wings and with a wet paint brush brushed the stickles across the wings - so you just water down the stickles a little bit.  I then bent the wings up a bit (tho I know they will flatten when I post the card - might have to leave instructions for my friend to 3d them again :)).  I added some twine across the bottom of the card (there has been a blog hop at the twinery...and there are lots of twine ideas so if you need some inspiration click here).  I hand wrote 8 and the happy birthday - and hopefully she'll enjoy the card...and the present :)  


14 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty card. Love HH's grab boxes too-great value!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What A fab Card- Love that butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i like the butterfly and the twine adds a perfect touch x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you raised the butterfly. I love dimension on cards! Very pretty! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Aloha,
    Dena

    missdjones dot blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the butterfly stamped onto the Glitz paper - it is so effective. I can't get enough of twine at the moment - it looks great on this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Kat - very pretty with the butterfly. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful butterfly - lovely card.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. soooooo cute!! I love butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's just beautiful, love the gems on the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! That butterfly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails