Friday 26 August 2011

Aim, Fire


Another grab box LO, this is done using some more Crate Paper - Portrait, Echo Park - Country Drive and Glitz papers, toy box embellishments and a maya road doily......and some twine :)  I finally found a site (which I can't remember) that had a method for sticking twine and string like things in wavy patterns on your LO - so here is the tip - use some wet glue that dries clear in a tube with a fine nozzle - I found a scotch acid free glue in a tube in my local shop, mark lightly in pencil on your LO the swirly path you would like the twine to take, then squeeze out  line of glue - just small bits at a time.  On my LO I did the right hand side portion down to the doily in one go, then carefully lie the twine on top.  The nice thing about the scotch glue is it dries fairly quickly - and is very much like PVA just with a nice nozzle :)  The other twine item I had spotted on my blogging journeys was Hannah's flowers - I cut a small circle out of card and then placed glue on it, and twirled the twine around, placing a button in the centre - they are so easy to do and work really well on boy LOs too as they aren't overly flowery (not that that stops me).

This LO is some shots from our holiday in May where we all had a go at archery - twice it was so good.... the journalling is on an echo park block behind the photos.  The inspiration for this LO was from the archery boards - I cut the circles out using a mixture of plate and compass, then inked, stitched and distressed the edges.  Before I put the photos on I flicked the paper with some water down white paint, and then once dry stuck my photos and all the embellishments on.  The title is girls paperie - ecclectic - the Fire didn't stand out enough in the biege colour so I covered it in firebrick distress ink - took quite a while to dry.  So here are some close ups, and some close ups of the flowers.




13 comments:

  1. Another great layout and thanks for the tip about the glue for the wavy twine - I have always come unstuck (literally!) with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved getting up this morning and seeing this LO - wow love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout. Love the circles and lots of patterns, may fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sutty~ the Lo is adorable~love all of your special embellies!! Fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous, I'm going to try the twine idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!There's so much to see-and the twine looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun LO Katherine, the circlular layers work so well with the theme :)
    Love the twine spirals too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails