Saturday 18 June 2011

Flowers with a zig zag centre


I had seen these flowers around a few times and had been searching for a tutorial and yesturday I found one, so had to have a go.  I found it on the craftionary site here (I have put it on my side bar too).  The flowers are quite straightforward but very 3d - so to make them flatter I twisted the bottoms and cut off most of the points, and then I added a few stamens too.  They will still be quite bulky on a card or a LO, but they are lovely - they would work really well for home decor projects or something you can be a bit more 3d on.  I used an old dictionary to make them and I used 2" squares of paper (that's all the technical info). Have a lovely weekend.


15 comments:

  1. i've seen these around too, thanks for the link xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these around too but haven't had a play yet. I love the effect you have achieved with the book pages and beady centres.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely flowers and think yours actually turned out a lot prettier than the one in the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers - I love the paper you have used and how it contrasts with the pearls :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flowers, will have to give these a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great fun to do. Last year I made quite a few of them into a hanging pom pom. A friend loved it so much she had it from me.
    I love yours to the print paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good find, they're so pretty. Love the one plain petal and the pearl stamens :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great!I may have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool flower! Thanks for the link too. Love your version with the dictionary paper and stamens!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are stunning, love them.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome, off to look at the link

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty.
    I love to make my own flowers and embellishments. These would go perfectly on a banner.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails