Tuesday 12 April 2011

Creating a Stamp edge....with a flower punch :)

 Amy asked how I did the stamp edge effect on You and Me, so this is what I used to do it.  A circle punch would probably be easier than the flower, but the flower is all I had!!  So above are the items you need.
 The first thing I did was to measure the size of the semi circle I could make with the flower punch (this is a woodware 5cm punch)
The size of my semi-circle work out to be 1.7cm
The next step is to mark out the edge of the sheet of paper, I was allowing 1.7cm for my punch and then a 1cm gap inbetween - start from the corner with the 1cm gap, then mark along so it would be 1, 1.7, 1, 1.7 - and carry on til your cardstock edge is as big as you want it to be - remember to make sure you finish on a 1cm.


 Then start lining the punch up with the dots and work your way along the cardstock.  Don't worry if you accidentally  catch a bit of the 1cm area with the punch as you can always trim it - that should make sense when you do this.

For the corners you need to always make sure you have the 1cm at the corner and not finish on a semi circle.

Ink the edges and here is your stamp shaped cardstock :)

13 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, I think the flower punch is better actually because you know how deep to punch each semi-circle unless you put marks on the underside of a circle punch.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever ... and what great results. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a clever idea, will have to try it, looks great on the layout as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, that is great, will add to the list on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tut Kat. You did good with the flower punch. *Ü* ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the tutorial!!! I agree with the above poster...I think the flower is probably easier than the circle as I doubt I could like up the circle correctly over and over again! Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very resourceful idea and a lovely outcome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would have guessed?!
    Such a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great effect - TFS the technique.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so much work!! But all worth it in the end. Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I appreciate your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails