Wednesday 9 March 2011

Using up left over papers - Birthday Boy

I used up loads of my scraps of a variety of My Little Shoebox papers on this LO.  I cut out some of the lanterns from the Harmony range as they went well with the picture anddoodled the string.  I used some left over strips to create the backing for my photos, to make it a little more interesting I dusted off my deckle edge scissors and crumpled some of the papers. In this LO I decided to try a black and white and a colour photo - mainly as I love the cake shot my DH took :).  I stapled some twine in loops and then tied some little bits of ribbon that I have to use up.  Lastly I made some rosette flowers with offcuts.  The large one (which is very 3d - not sure how well this LO will fit in my page protecter!) I punched the side with my Martha Stewart double loop punch which gives a really nice effect, then added another one on top and a button - can't get much more 3 dimensional than that!!  Thanks for popping by, and I would encourage you to use up your scraps, hopefully this LO has given you some inspiration for that.

double loop punched rosette flower



the twine loops and offcuts of ribbon

the string of paper lanterns

15 comments:

  1. Just beautiful - love all the dimension here especially the lanterns (never seen that before but love it!) and the rosette. Thanks for sharing your lovely layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout..looks simple at 1st glance, but there is soo much detail, I really like it. I think your flower embellishment is brilliant too. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO, I love the string of chinese lanterns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout and particularly the close up shots as can see all the detail on the layout - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab way of using up scraps - a really lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely LO - those lanterns are fab.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving your lantern bunting, a fun and colourful lo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely LO. The punched edge rosette is very creative and I love the ribbons tied on the twine. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your lanterns, so fun.
    I get to go to parent/teacher conference tomorrow. Good to hear yours went smoothly, I am sure so will mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful, love the string of lanterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything goes together very well. Love the lanterns. They are so cute!thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic layout, brilliant, love the lanterns, gorgeous.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh this is lovely - I'm loving the lanterns. I've started keeping a little box on my desk of scraps to use up (so far, so good)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Love the colours and the lanterns are adorable! The flower is great too and a good way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails