Monday 14 March 2011

Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud


These photos were taken on a recent walk to a local lake and park - I am glad that we covered all the kids in waterproof clothing as it was even more muddy than I was expecting!  The papers are Jillibean Soup - Faglioi.  I crumpled the film strip to make a zig zagy border.  I have used some household string, which I dunked in PVA to run up and down the page (it has stuck really well), I then added some flowers to the strings, mainly to cover any blobs of PVA you could see and the others just to look pretty :)  I think I should invest in some proper twine - can anyone tell me whether it comes coated in stickiness or whether you still have the dilemma of how to attach it in a free flowing way to your page.  My methods so far seem to be PVA, staples, or glued behind things like bunting.  Here are some close ups.
The butterfly punch is Martha Stewart and I found a tiny punch I picked up from the poundshop which was the perfect size for the flowers on the paper.

16 comments:

  1. That is a lovely layout. Lots of great technique tips there as I have always struggled to add twine, thread, even ribbon to layouts! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great lo, not used it as yet......have used fibres which could be classed a s similar and have wound them on a piece of cs and adhered to the paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, love the crumpled film strip and the sting looks amazing. I have used staples or brads for my string and twine, but like your idea of little cut outs to hold it on or cover the glue! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable ~ love how you did the film strip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout - The string has really worked well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute layout love the cuteness the string brought to the page, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super LO - love the folded PPs down the middle...very effective.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, loving the string :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your layout! That Jillibean Soup line is one of my favourites! Great use of string too, thanks for sharing the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful lo and love what you did with the string.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab LO. The string is a great idea but yes a headache to attach it isn't it. Love the pleated border x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab - love the crumpled film strip and how you have decorated the string.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little pleated film strip piece is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oohhhh this is stunning - I love it. The pleated strip is great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love how you crumpled up the film strip.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails