Tuesday 18 January 2011

Summer Days



Yep - still going on the summer photos :)  I am using up my October Afternoon seaside papers on this, I made my own scalloped circle by cutting up the bunting paper in the range, the blue background paper is part of a family collection from colorbok.  I distressed and crinkled the edges.  I decided to add my own stitched swirls, using some cream wool...always punch the holes 1st and then stitch through them it makes it lots easier, and added some star buttons.  I made the flowers from one of the fly a kite October afternoon papers, the tutorial for them is here on the Bobunny blog. I added some lace around the edge of the flowers and a brad and some glitter.  My journalling spot was made using some nestabilities with co-ordinating stamps, the title cut out using one of the Tim Holtz alphabet strips and I wrote the 'days' bit in my best writing :)  This photo is from our holiday in france which was gloriously sunny and we speant many days on the beach where the kids were in and out of the surf, playing boules, building sandcastles and having lots of fun.  Here are some close ups of some of the elements.





10 comments:

  1. This is delicious Sutty ... all the details are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word, this is just gorgeous. I was lucky to be given these papers at Christmas, and now can't wait to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Lo is just so pretty. And the flowers are divine. Nice to see a sunny summer photo (fed up with the cold now).

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is divine i love all that stitching and your flowers and the papers...and well...its super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout and I love the stitching one of my favourites on layouts at the minute - can't beat a bit of stitching on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sunny layout. the stitching and flowers are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful LO and full of lovley details...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous LO Kat! I love the colours, the flowers and the stitching. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous layout, love all the detailed elements

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails