Sunday, 18 July 2010

Having Fun - Weekly Challenge

I've had this LO done for a little while, it is for the Urban Faeries weekly challenge on ukscrappers this week. We had to make our own backing paper, so I cut and then stuck punched and embossed lace eding around the border....which I had inked. So that covers, distressing,lace (though I added some more) and embossing, and my own paper. Then summery colours - I did a bit more inking around the edges of the other papes, and had a go at a crinkle cut border around my photo. The brown lace is prima and is lovely, I added a few flowers, a Tim Holtz tag, and some pearl dots near the flowers but they don't show very well! The title is partly stamped - again part of the challenge to stamp, and then I used the alphabet in a box from sizzix for the fun part. The papers are jillibean cabbage soup, some costco stuff and Wild Saffron by K and Co. Here are some more close ups, come and join us and have a go at the challenge.

Sunday, 11 July 2010

Brimham Rocks

My latest LO and entry for the Ukscrappers monthly challenge. I had to use a new technique and 7 the new technique is the flower, and the 7 photos are hidden below!
I did need a little bit of help photographing the inside! I used October Afternoon papers, fly a kite, some prima eline crystals, and I think some tattered floral roses snook in there too. The alphabet is a sizzix one (I discovered unopened on my shelf - shocking!) alphabet in a box, and my trusty Martha Stewart double loop punch has been used to edge lots. Here are some more close ups.

Saturday, 10 July 2010

More flowers

Gabrielle Pollaco posted some flowers she made on her blog here and here so I had to have a go, here are the results. The base is made with lots of hearts and then the tops is a twist on a swirl flower made with krinkle scissors!
Here is my 2nd bloom - made with a different set of my krinkle scissors and now placed on my LO for the UKscrappers monthly challenge - still not quite finished it yet, but this flower is going to feature as a new technique that I used on the LO. They are great fun to make, so hope this inspires you to go look and have a go.

Sunday, 4 July 2010

Water Play

Another watery LO, this time using my cosmo cricket papers - Garden Variety. I did a little glimmer mist spritzing - made from broken china and some white perfect pearls. Martha stewart double loop edge punch, lots of inking and crumpling. I had a go at some cross stitching too - my fingers survived well, I used up some of an old QVC cosmo cricket kit on the embellishments and title - few more circles and this is what I ended up with. Took me a while to come up with the ideas - but it is based on the sketch for the Sarahs Cards Challenge - I like doing their challenges as there is loads of time to think about them :) Pictures are of my kids enjoying the sprinkler....glad the hose pipe ban hasn't come into play yet!

Thursday, 1 July 2010

Armed and Dangerous

Not posted in a little while - had a busy few weeks, but am feeling inspired at the moment, so hopefully I will get some more pages done :). This page is for teh ukscrappers weekly challenge - had to use blue/green/yellow colours, some folded paper, some texture and something that moves (which is my hidden journalling). I had a play with some harlequin grungeboard that I was given, I wax crayoned it in red, then painted it with yellow acrylic, rubbed it to reveal some of the crayon...and then added more crayon on top! Still not happy with that I crackle painted it and rubbed in some red distress ink - got thoroughly messy but enjoyed the playing. I added some glitter glue circles to make the LO look a bit more watery and made a couple of pin wheels. The papers are october afternoon and jillibean soup and I love all the colours - great for summery LOs. The title is cut out of funky foam and using the fancy pants cuttlebug alphabet, it was an easy title decision as he is armed and dangerous - no one is safe - but when it is this hot I don't mind being a target so much :)

Here are some close ups


Related Posts with Thumbnails